Are you looking for the best and quickest Christmas recipe? You will love this one!
This biscuits is very similar to shortbread cookies. So, if you love shortbread biscuits you will love this one with a Christmas twist and you can create your own and it's handmade! There is a link on each ingresient if you need an example to buy.
1 can condenced milk
4 eggs (yolk only, one egg white will be for the glazing)
4 cups plain flour or until it has a dough consistency
1 tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 egg white
250g caster sugar
1. Prereat oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy and smooth, slowly add the condensed milk and the egg yolks, mix until everything is combined.
3. Not using the mixer, sift the plain flour, baking powder and salt with the liquid mixture and hand mix ultil all combined, kneading the dough until it is no longer sticky.
4. Transfer to a flat surface, open some of the dough with a help of a rolling pin, and start cutting the dough with cookie cutters.
5. Place the biscuits in a tray with a non-stick sheet.
6. Bake intil golden (takes around 10-20 min)
7. In a small bowl, beat the egg white until froths.
8. Add slowly the sugar until you have a smooth white glaze.
9. In another bowl, pour some of the white glaze and add 4/7 drops of the red food colouring. Add slowly and choose the color density that you want.
10. When you have all the biscuits baked, you can scart to decorate with the glaze.
11. You can use a piping bag to help you, or you can use a spoon.
12. Lastly, just make sure that the glaze is completely dry before storing it.
Share with me if you make this recipe!
🎄 Bruna 🎄